Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Saving Star - How it works - get extra coupons loaded to your store cards- Great for Shaws GM sale 8/24 - 8/30

Signing up for Saving Star is a must for a couponer. It gives you coupons you can use along with the manufacturers coupon to make the item even cheaper. I will try to explain how it works here. If you are unclear about anything just ask. If I can't help I will refer you to people that have helped me. This is always great whenever Shaws has a GM sale like they will be having 8/24 - 8/30. You can see the GM sale  here.


Here are the steps:

1. sign up here

2. register your store card #'s like Shaws, CVS, Rite Aid

3. Pick the coupons. They will be added to all your cards. They do run out of copies available. Add anything you think you might be interested in. If you wait for a sale and coupon match up from a blog you might find out the one you want is out.

Note: These are not printable coupons. They will be added to your cards. When you use your card for the item Saving Star will track it and add the savings to your Saving Star account. The savings will show up in 2 to 3 days. They are usable only once.

4. When your Saving Star account reaches $5.00 you will have a payout option. Your choices will be to have it deposited into your Bank account, Paypal, Amazon gift card or American Forests (not sure what that is. They list these choices here.



 Note: when you see a deal that uses a Saving Star coupon you will not receive that money off at the register. It goes into your Savng Star account.
Example:
buy (1) Cheerios on sale $2.00
Use (1) .50/1  from 8/12 SS ex. 9/6
Use Saving Star coupon.50 off 1
Pay$1.50....Final price $1.00 once you get your money back from Saving Star.

If your store doubles like Shaws example:
buy (1) Cheerios on sale $2.00
Use (1) .50/1  from 8/12 SS ex. 9/6 (coupon will double to $1.00 off)
Use Saving Star coupon.50 off 1 (Saving Star coupons do not double)
Pay$1.00....Final price .50 once you get your money back from Saving Star.


You can get a Saving Star app for your Android (probably Iphone and Ipad too).  I have it on my phone. I get notified when new coupons come out and I add them to my cards with just one click per coupon. I can also check my account balance from the phone too. I love it.


I am .75 away from my first payout right now. I do know bloggers that have already gotten theirs. I will post when I get my first one.



No comments:

Post a Comment